My Story & Practice Philosophy

Welcome! 


 I opened Soon Yoon's Natural Healing Center as a serene & comfortable environment, to practice the health & wellness principles that I was raised with, and that I believe so strongly in - in a community that I've been a part of for 35 years.

My practice specializes in Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture, Herbal Remedies, Weight-loss, Stress & Pain Management and Nutrition coaching in a balanced wholefoods vegetarian-based diet.


My journey started in San Francisco where my husband and I started our lives together.  We loved living close to the ocean & our family in such a vibrant city.


But as we started our own family we moved to Pleasant Hill, where we enjoyed the sense of community, the great school system and the natural beauty - we embraced our new home.




We enjoyed weekly walks at the local reservoir and started our own organic garden & orchard in our backyard.  For our family, it made sense (as well as financial sense for feeding our large family of 6!) to enjoy gorgeous zucchini, golden corn, tender greens & plump tomatoes that we ourselves had nurtured and grown.



As a mother of four, I've always believed in nourishing the body & mind in a holistic manner- so that we can each live balanced, vibrant and fulfilling lives.  My four kids all went on to pursue & accomplish degrees in medicine, orthodontics & pharmacy and have all eventually embraced the concepts of oriental medicine that they were raised with- which emphasizes thoughtful, preventive, holistic care for our body, spirits and minds.

Although in all honesty, the whole grains only and no refined sugar rules in our home were not met with little resistance from my children!

While working as a nurse I went on to finish my PhD, OMD, LAc in Chinese Medicine, and subsequently opened Soon Yoon's Natural Healing Center in Pleasant Hill, CA where I also reside with my family and our wise dog Epictetus.


My philosophy in life is that everything is cyclical & connected - how we treat our bodies, minds & spirits have a ripple effect in not only every facet of our own lives, but in the lives of our family, friends and community.


To me, a well-lived life is one where we are healthy in mind, body & spirit and fulfilled by the love of our family, friends & community.   To me the ultimate luxury is the ability to pick our own tender leafy greens & still-warm vine-ripened tomatoes, to create a wonderful healthful meal to enjoy with family & friends.


The wonderful thing is that our health is something that we ourselves can care for and change for the better - with the right mind-set, knowledge & guidance!


CONTACT INFORMATION:

Address:  
395 Taylor Blvd. Suite 115  Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Email: 
soonayoon@gmail.com
Phone: 
(925) 457-7640